Okay, so...I get it! When you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, amazing things happen like...
- finding out you have a superfun cousin who plays guitar and went on tour with various black rock bands
- that a conference about blacks and rock music is occurring in November and I can attend and a ton of awesome people whose music I love and whose words I love to read will be there! I am so excited!
- someone I met in Italy this summer met a contact for me who sings and plays guitar and participates in the Rock 'N' Roll Camp for Girls. Apparently, they lament the lack of presence of girls of color.
- I get to see Living Colour perform for the first time ever this summer!
- I have received support from esteemed professors in terms of the viability of my research interests
- I have decided to learn to play guitar for kicks and so I can have a clue!